* California State University, Long Beach (CSULB)
* Bachelor of Arts: Major- Sociology; Minor- Human Resource Management
* Master of Science: Counseling; Honors- Invited to join and member of Phi Delta
* Credential: Pupil Personnel Services (PPS)
* License: Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
Number of years in education: 35 years as a counselor in NLMUSD
Number of years at Benton: 1
Favorite things to do: Spend time with family, travel, garden and read
Counseling Services are available at Benton Middle School to assist students through personal, social and academic challenges that may arise.
During early adolescence, students have many challenges that may be difficult to navigate on their own. The counselor ia available to help guide and assist students through their social and emotional concerns, and to enable them to focus on their academic success. The counselor encourages students to develop a respect for self and others, to strengthen relational skills, increase their sense of personal responsibility, develop coping skills, and to make safe and healthy life choices.
Parents are invited to contact the counselor with any questions or concerns they may have regarding their student's academic, behavior, and/or social/emotional development.
Debra Piazza, MS, PPS, LMFT
Student Counseling Request
Staff/Parent Counseling Request